Buying a home involves many factors and the online availability of inventory is one thing that proves beneficial for the homebuyers. In fact, the maximum number of developers lists inventory online as the prospects today trust digital media. But, trusting someone blindly is not a good thing and the same goes with the online home booking.
Hence, the below-mentioned points are things that the homebuyer must know before booking a home online.
- Check Authenticity: This is the first thing a homebuyer must check. The online listing gives an overview of the unit size and also shares the specification details like number of Bedrooms, balcony, amenities and security. But, the prospect is required to make a site visit to experience the look of a housing unit. Also, the check of various facilities such as proper water supply, taps, door locks and more can be figured out only after visiting the actual site.
- Confirm Payment Plan: The market is full of attractive offers and thus it is important to avoid falling in trap especially online. Hence, the prospects must communicate with the developer directly to cross check the payment plan and method. This is essential to check at the time of booking a home online as the offers like book now and pay later, pay (amount) now and remaining later. All these are important to know before completing the home buying procedure.
- Check about Discounts: Many property listing sites showcase discount or rebates on the properties. But, don’t get excited about the same and book a home online instantly as nothing comes for free. So, you are suggested to meet the property agent or the person responsible for the sale of properties online and must sought logical reasons for the offered discounts. Lastly, remember to ask if the total price is inclusive of discounts or not as you are likely to pay more than the budget without any need to do so.
- Refundable Booking Amount: Make sure you check the refundable column. The non-refundable amount is definitely not coming back to you and is likely to get added as the unit value. So, don’t forget to ask if the booking amount is refundable or not and also take a receipt for the payment of the same.
- Site Visit: Don’t take a decision on the basis of images. The on-site check of the property and locality is important to ascertain the value of an investment.
The online property listing is a way to ascertain the properties that fall in a specific budget and in the particular location.